With over 12 years of experience in pediatric dentistry, Dr. Marianna Beetham of Beetham Dentistry in Kirkland, WA provides comprehensive dental care to children and teens, from routine exams to fillings and even root canals. Dr. Beetham earned her dental degree from the University of Washington dental school, which included extensive training for treating children on all age groups.
Why choose Beetham Dentistry for your child’s care?
- Dr. Beetham loves working with children. She has three beautiful children of her own, too!
- Is your child nervous about visiting the dentist? We work hard to earn your child's trust before beginning any complex treatments.
- Experienced and friendly staff
- Extensive help and research on insurance benefits and financial information
- Convenient payment options
- 10 percent off treatment costs for people without dental insurance
- New, top-of-the-line dental technology. Our digital x-rays use 90 percent less radiation and help us detect the smallest of cavities!
- We use the best quality of dental supplies. For example, we provide natural-looking, tooth-colored fillings that, on average, lasts 30 percent longer than lower quality filling material.
- Each treatment room equipped with cable TV
- Your child gets a new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and a toy at each visit!
What should I expect at my child's first appointment?
At the initial appointment, we begin by reviewing dental and overall health history. Then, we will start with exam by taking some x-rays of your childs teeth and mouth, then clean their teeth and give them a fluoride treatment. If you or your child has any questions during the treatment, we answer all questions and address the concerns. We also spend time demonstrating proper brushing techniques to the child and practicing with them. Proper dental care at home, along with visiting the dentist every six months, will help your child maintain a lifetime of great oral health!
We always explain dental findings and answer any questions on why something happened, how to prevent it in the future, and what can we do now to fix this issue. We educate our patients and their parents on possible treatment options and explain the difference in retention, cost and insurance coverage for all. We want you and your child to feel at ease from the moment your family arrives at our office. The more you and your child know about the first visit, the better you will feel!
Preventing Tooth Decay with Regular Checkups
Tooth decay and cavities are easily prevented by scheduling regular pediatric dental appointments at Beetham Dentistry in Kirkland! Tooth decay is caused by sugars left in your mouth that turn into an acid, which can break down your teeth. Children are at high risk for tooth decay because many children and teens do not practice regular, good oral hygiene. Proper brushing and flossing routines, combined with regular dental visits at our Kirkland, WA office, help keep tooth decay away!
Your child should visit Beetham Dentistry every six months for regular dental cleanings and checkups. We also recommend fluoride treatments twice a year along with cleanings to keep teeth at their strongest. Tooth sealants are also recommended because they protect against bacteria and food particles from finding their ways into the deep grooves in your child's teeth, thus helping to prevent tooth decay from forming in these hard-to-reach areas. Sealants last for several years, but we check them at your child's regular checkups.